Saturday, October 9, 2010

Grocery Store Decorating

Decorating your table for Thanksgiving doesn't have to be an expensive or difficult task.  Your local grocery store offers many ways to creatively decorate your table for Thanksgiving or make something to give as a gift.

Gourds who????
Gourds come in all shapes and sizes.  They are great for decorating a table.  You can find them at grocery stores and greenhouses.




Here's a few picture of how I've used them around my home...



Pie pumpkins are also a quick way to dress up your table with some fresh flowers.  To get extra creative, you can even paint the pumpkins in different colours. 

Here are two of my own creations... 




I was recently at Longo's and something similar was selling for $19.99 each. 
I bought pie pumpkins for $1.29 each and the flowers for two pumpkin arrangements was about $12.   So in the end I spent about $7 for each arrangement vs. $19.99.  I think I got a great deal!  I realize there was a bit of work involved with cleaning out the pumpkin and doing the arranging but as mentioned in past posts, I find it relaxing and it's something I did myself!

Well if you are preparing for your Thanksgiving meal, consider some of these ideas and get creative.  The possibilities are endless!  If you make any creations, I would love to hear from you.  Send me along some pictures.  They would be great to feature on future posts!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

P.S.  If you are cooking a turkey this weekend, don't forget to save the carcass...it's makes a great stock.  I will feature some recipes in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Sunflower in your pumpkin arrangement! Not only does it fill the space but it will also add some longevity to your arrangement since they do not wilt too quickly. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete