Thursday, November 11, 2010

Art is good


My daughter has been taking weekly art classes at 4 Cats Art Studio in Oakville.  I have been very impressed with what she is learning and the creations she has made.  She has learned about the work of Tom Thomson and now they are learning about Gustov Klimt.  She recently finished her Tom Thomas masterpiece. 

Here she is proudly showing off her finished product.   Pretty great for a 6 year old…don’t u think?


I then had it stretched so I can hang it. I have to find a great place for it…here it is….

I would encourage anyone with kids to check out the great classes they offer at 4 Cats Art studio.  They offer camps and PA day classes.  They also have great birthday packages.  Jennifer Chung is the Curator at the Oakville location.  Check out the website here for  information on the different classes.   You can also reach Jennifer at 289-937-1788.  Tell her Donna sent you!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Donna, your daughter's painting is absolutely magnificent - especially for a 6 year old!! I've been an Art teacher for 8 years and talent and understanding like that are extremely rare to find. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! I am very proud of Nicole and her art work. They are working on the Tree of Life from Gustov Klimt now which I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it! Little minds can be so creative!

    ReplyDelete