Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cooking with Sin


Early this week, I had the pleasure of attending Carla Johnson’s book launch for “Cooking with Sin”.  Her book is absolutely amazing! Carla has put together a collection of great recipes that all include some "sin" (alcohol) and each come with personal stories that people have contributed.  The pictures in the book are absolutely amazing - some of which were taken by Carla. 


At the book launch, Carla had samples of the some of the recipes such as “Takin the Piss” Sangria, “Special Delivery” Black Forest Cake, “Comfort of Home” Sherry Potatoes and “Wedding Pudding” Dutch Advokaat.  I sampled a bit of each and boy were they yummy!!!


Carla busy autographing
books!

I am so thrilled to have an autographed copy of her book.  I am looking forward to trying some recipes soon.   One dessert recipe that I definitely want to try during the holidays is “Better than Recess”.  It is a layered dessert that includes hazelnut liqueur.  I will post some pictures once I have made it.

I encourage you to visit Carla’s website here.    This would make a great Christmas gift if you are looking for ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Donna!

    It was great to see you at the launch! And this post is *sin*cerely wonderful! I'm waiting for recipe-story from you soon! :)

    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete