Monday, January 17, 2011

DIY projects to try

This year I have decided I would really like to tackle some interesting DIY projects.
I have been looking around the web and found some cool ideas.  There are some projects I would like to use for my home and some that would be great for my home staging projects.

One easy project I have done in the past is updating the seats on dining room and kitchen chairs.  If you have chair seats that pop off, you can pick whatever fabric you like and easily change the colour and style.  It takes little time and you can transform your dining or kitchen chairs that same day.  If you want to get a bit more daring, you can repaint your chairs as well.

Here is a sample I found on http://www.diyhomedecoratingideas.com/




Another neat idea that I found is making art work using either wallpaper or wrapping paper.  This is  easy and very cost effective.  You can change your pictures each season.  This is a great idea for home staging as well to add some colour and accessories to a space.


 

There are also many ideas for DIY headboards.  Here is an example from House and Home.  For instructions click here.


There are so many possibilites...I want to try them all!  I think I will start with my chairs since that can be a quick update and also try some of the art work.  Once I have a completed project, I will post an update!
If you have any other DIY projects that you have tried,  I would love to hear about it and see some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff! So easy and when it's done it looks great! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete